Mickey McDermott Special Education Scholarship
This scholarship supports a student admitted into the Teacher Education program with priority for elementary education.
- Student must have a demonstrated interest in Special Education and related activities.
- Student must submit a minimum one page essay as part of their scholarship application that identifies interest in special education, evidence of prior work with special needs children, and/or activities related to the teaching of special needs children. Student may also include a paragraph describing financial need that falls outside the standards set by the Financial Aid Office.
- Preference given to a student with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.9
- Preference given to a student who is from Wisconsin or Minnesota
- Teacher Education
- Supplemental Questions
- Please explain your interest in special education (minimum one page essay) and include examples of prior work with special needs children and/or activities related to the teaching of special needs children. OPTIONAL- Include a separate paragraph describing your financial needs.