Chancellor's Scholars Scholarship
Incoming freshmen are competitively selected based on academic merit, extracurricular involvement and leadership potential. The award is for four academic years, provided academic standards (minimum 3.00 GPA and progress towards a degree) are maintained.
Students must meet and complete the following requirements to be considered:
- Must have at least a 28 ACT (1310 SAT) and rank in the top 10% of their class
- Must submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, coach, mentor, etc. explaining the student’s leadership and academic potential
- Must write an essay answering one of the two following questions:
- According to astronomer Carl Sagan, “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” What unknown would you like to see revealed in your lifetime? Why is this of personal importance? OR
- Imagine that you are backpacking through a country you have never been to before. You are interested in engaging with the local population and your backpack includes three items that will help them learn about your family and culture. What are those three items and how do they represent your background?
Chancellor’s Scholars applications are due by January 1st at 11:59pm.
These scholarships include a $2,000.00 stipend that may be used for undergraduate research or to study abroad during your junior or senior year. Please contact email@example.com for further details.